We are looking for warm and friendly Assistant Cooks to join our team to cook and serve home-cooked meals to the people staying and living in our services. Are you someone who knows their way around a kitchen? Are you comfortable interacting with people via food service? This might be the job for you! The role offers sociable hours. We currently have two open vacancies, 1 permanent contract and one 3 months fix term.
As an Assistant Cook, you will have responsibility for food preparation and cooking, keeping the kitchen clean to HACCP standards, and for good customer experience at Meal Service. You will report jointly to the Cook and the Service Manager.
Your core responsibilities include:
• Creating and building professional, friendly relationships with the clients staying/living in our services during meal service.
• Preparation and cooking of meals daily.
• Following menus that promote both nutrition and choice to our clients.
• Ensure individuals on special healthy diets or with specific cultural needs are catered for.
• Ordering of food and other supplies inline with the kitchen’s set budgets, helping to ensure stock control of food items to minimise waste and costs.
• Working with the Cook and the Kitchen Team to ensure the food preparation, cooking, and storage complies with all hygiene requirements relating to food service delivery to HACCP standards.
• Following HACCP cleaning and hygiene processes and record keeping.
• Complete daily, weekly & periodic tasks such as: cleaning, deep cleans, equipment & safety checks, etc.
• Uphold and follow safe systems of work and bring any health, safety, or welfare concerns to the Cook or Service Manager as appropriate.
• Participation in a small team including: training, rotas, performance management input.
• Please Note: The duties listed in this job description are not exhaustive and you may be expected to perform other duties as are reasonable in the course of your work with Dublin Simon Community
• Hours of work will be between 8.30am and 5:00pm
• Rostered on from Mon-Sun, with 3-4 days off
• Part-time hours (approx. 20 hrs per week)
• 25 days holidays
What We Require:
• 1 years experience working as part of a team in a busy kitchen environment.
• Cooking qualification such as one of the following:
Higher Certificate in Culinary arts
NVQ Level 3 in Professional Cookery
QQI/FETAC Level 6 in Professional Cookery
City and Guilds in Culinary Skills
• HACCP/ Food Safety Training.
• Positive, client focused individual with excellent communication skill.
• Ability to act calmly in emergencies and respond in a professional manner to challenging and stressful situations.
Hospitality Catering Hotels