We are currently seeking an Assistant Director of Nursing who will contribute to delivering the high standards of care to our residents in Bridhaven Nursing Home.
Location: Spa Glen, Mallow , Co Cork
What we offer you:
• Excellent rate of pay
• Subsidised meals on site
• Refer a friend bonus
• Free onsite parking
• 3 years experience in care of the older person at senior management level (minimum CNM1 level), preferably in a large centre.
• A management qualification in health or related field, desirable.
• Post graduate diploma in gerontology, preferable.
• Have in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements and regulatory inspection activity as they pertain to residential care centres.
• Have the ability to manage one’s own workload effectively while responding flexibly to new demands at short notice.
• Demonstrate an ability to embrace change and be committed to continuous improvement and learning throughout the residential care home.
• Have the skill to influence others, build constructive relationships and achieve outcomes.
• Promote an ethos and culture of quality assurance within the clinical area, identifying and establishing benchmarks and KPIs in consultation with the Director of Nursing.
• Be a Registered General Nurse.
• Be available to work flexible hours when required.
• In the absence of the Director of Nursing, will undertake the role and responsibilities of the Person-in-Charge in line with the Health Act 2007, related regulations and HIQA standards.
• Ensure that overall standards of hygiene and food safety are maintained at the highest level possible
• Participate in clinical management within the home in consultation with the DON including providing care to residents, communicating with residents/families/representatives, managing staff, monitoring performance and standards, developing policies and procedures, and delivering training.
• Coordinate the quality and safety system including all aspects of clinical risk management and resident involvement.
• Participate in coaching and appraisal of staff on a regular basis
• In consultation with HR, participate in grievance and disciplinary activities
• Coordinate, roster and manage staff in conjunction with the senior management team in the Home
• Lead by example a professional, punctual and dedicated team.
• Participate in the development of policies and standards for Bridhaven