The post will be offered on a permanent wholetime and pensionable basis, subject to the terms of the provisions of the Technological Universities Act 2018.
1. Academic delivery of modules.
2. Carry out assessment, monitoring and evaluation of portfolio work, student presentations, design projects, examinations work, and provide academic and consultative support to students in their learning activities.
3. Provide academic input on existing and new programmes and in programme development.
4. Actively engage in research and appropriate scholarly activities.
5. Liaise with Professional Bodies and Stakeholders.
6. Participate in committees appropriate to courses and meeting convened by Management.
7. Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of academic quality assurance arrangements.
8. Contribute to future growth and development of the School of Transport Engineering, Environment and Planning, and the University.
• An appropriate first or second class honours degree in Automotive or Transport Technologies from a recognised degree awarding authority or equivalent (Essential)
• A Master’s degree in Automotive or Transport Technologies or a related discipline from a recognised degree awarding authority or an approved equivalent qualification [Note: Master’s Degrees must have been obtained by thesis/examination].
• Three years’ appropriate experience subsequent to obtaining an honours primary degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline (Essential);
• The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills both oral and written and be able to communicate effectively with students which is particularly important;
• Candidates should be IT Literate and have a high level of proficiency in MS Office;
• The ideal candidate should be highly motivated;
• Ability to work as part of a team or an as an individual. Commitment to teaching, research and scholarly activity;
• Be flexible and have ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
Skills, talents & abilities
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written and be able to communicate effectively with students which is particularly important.
• Knowledge and experience of working with industry standard technology, machinery and software.
• Experience of e-learning education management systems such as Webcourses or Blackboard would be an advantage.
• Be flexible and have ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team,
• Be an enthusiastic team player with the ability to network with colleagues and other stakeholders.