Applegreen is Irelands largest Irish forecourt that prides itself on offering quality, choice and convenience, always. With 127 Applegreen sites across the island of Ireland and a growing presence in the UK and the US, there are plenty of opportunities for everyone at Applegreen.
Applegreen is in a rapid growth phase and is seeking to onboard an entry level qualified professional who has a keen interest in Electric Vehicles (EV). EV is a key strategic priority for Applegreen and we are embarking on significant investment in the area, given its importance for the future of our business. The successful candidate will be a confident people person who can fit into Applegreen seamlessly and adopt a hands-on approach to their role. We are looking for a high performing individual, with future potential and a keen interest in retail industry. The role will form part of the Applegreen Developments team and the individual with work alongside the Chief Developments Director and Head of EV. This role will be based in our Group head office in Park West, Dublin.
As Applegreen expands, the responsibilities will evolve and change over time. The core responsibilities will centre around the following areas:
· Support the EV management team on all EV activities which may include, data analysis, software improvement projects, trade studies, EV design studies, creating or modifying EV designs and general support with EV roll out activities.
· Conduct assessments of potential new vendors and support with relationship building and management thereafter.
· Evaluate EV hardware and components and applications by designing and conducting research programs.
· Prepare reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Reviewing vendor contracts or other governing bodies and ensuring compliance.
· Researching potential government funding opportunities from across the three regions in which we operate.
· Unique assignments relating to EV and developments, that support larger projects.
Ad hoc support to the EV management team on other projects and matters as required.
Qualified graduate in Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering is preferable. However, Business, Law or Finance qualifications will also be considered.
Preferably a 2020/2021 graduate and be available to commence work ideally in Q2 of 2021.
The right to work full time in Ireland.
High proficiency in all Microsoft Office software also essential (Excel, PPT)
Key Skills & Attributes:
· Demonstrate strong analytical skill and capability to interpret and challenge data and to interrogate financial systems, with excellent attention to detail.
· Openness and willingness to gain an understanding of the EV business and future transportation with an interest in the rapidly changing market trends.
See link https://applegreen-stores.rezoomo.com/job/16146/
Administration Accounts Legal